Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

Today Jackson's class went on a field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. He asked me if I would be a chaperone...I tried to explain to an 8 year old about not having sick days or vacations days...it was depressing to say the least:P Riding to the rescue was his best pal, Auntie "Ree Ree." Auntie has these awesome things called personal days!! So, she took one and had the experience of her life. Her text messages throughout the day were HILARIOUS! We heard about 40 screaming kids on a bus, heat exhaustion, and ice cream. As tired as she is, I'm sure she will always treasure the memory.


On the famous bus ride..."Save me" her text message said:)


Her charges: Tyler, Jackson and Dylan
(We try to make the boys wear hats when they are going to be in the sun for any length of time. JT has fair skin like me, so better to be safe than sorry. This one is from a defunct uniform of his daddy's.)


Jackson and Dylan
(Yes, Jackson is a cheeseball)

Apparently they had a great time even in the 85 degree weather. They were all tired and hot though, and kept asking to sit in the shade for a while:) Some of the kids didn't have enough to drink apparently...I KNEW I should have loaded my sister's backpack down with bottled water! Thankfully, some of the chaperones had cash on them to get water for the kids they were worried about. THANK YOU Auntie, and all the other chaperones, for making this a GREAT DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day! Man, this heat is something else...hope you and the family are staying cool! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete