Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tom's Takeover Tuesday - 4/6

Welcome to the latest episode of my caching escapades! Today's episode is coming to you from *cough* beautiful Everett, WA.

There really isn't a whole lot to say this week. After last week's post I took the boys up to Mill Creek to finish our 65 day streak challenge. The reward for finding this cache is a hand made chainmail man! Here is a picture of the boys, Logan is holding it.


Lynette's Looney, Obscurely Referenced Trickery was published on 4/2. I had to move it after the reviewer said I couldn't place it on the 410 overpass as it might be a potential terrorist target and police might mistake cachers for terrorists! So I moved it to the adjacent tree. I'll show you tricky reviewer! Although the man who lives across the street informed me that the overpass was formerly a known drug drop point. Now there is a reason to not get caught up there! The bad news is our caching friends in Sumner got their fourth straight FTF on our caches. :p

Yesterday marked the unveiling to the caching community of Tiki's Revenge! That's right, I finally unleashed my weeks worth of wood working on the world for all to find! Ok, so it turns out not all could find it...hee hee. Within a couple hours of posting the race was on. The first two cachers to attempt our tikis were sent away without even finding the first waypoint after almost an hour and a half of searching. The people who did find it first (sorry Ryan) sent Lynette multiple emails/texts along the way for help. I think it took about 2 and a half total hours of search time for the first three cachers to share the FTF. Lynette made me up the initial difficulty rating after all the messages she got. :) Another caching friend (fozroc, Jay) who had to go home before finishing was out with his son (hotwheelskid,) found the first waypoint with much help, and his son pulled the tiki free of it's bark camouflage! (Oh no!) But he did go back out today and fix it which held the test of more finders. He will be meeting Lynette and I at the trail on Saturday for help finding the cache while we check to make sure all things are going smoothly.

So, now that I have said my "not much" for the week, I must sign off. Thanks for tuning in, and I'll be back next week...again from Everett as I'll be on my Active Duty time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment