Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TTT - 7/19: Not now!

Hello blogland! I see Lynette finally graced you all with her presence. ;) I guess her segment should be called Lynette's Takeover Thursday since she hasn't posted in FOREVER! Anyway, it's Tuesday again, which means you get to read this weeks adventures. Well...sort of...

Today's blog is going to be short. I think the allergies of being in the dust bowl have finally won, and I 'm getting a sinus infection. I hope it isn't that bad, but I am very tired, and, other than my alarm for Tuesday going off, I've been sleeping since I got off work.

The big news this week for me is that the advanced team for our reliefs arrived! WOOHOO!!! My relief has been looking through the shop and checking out some of the paperwork. He hasn't quite acclimated to the time change, but he's real close. The rest of their crew gets here later this week/next week.

Everyone is super excited to see them! I know what the guys we relieved felt like 6 months ago. ;) I have commenced driving my relief around and getting his lay of the land under control. Next week will be more of the same with the ultimate goal of them taking over almost completely.

Just as an update, I did finally get to go to the range! As expected, I can shoot an M16 with relative accuracy, but the new pistols are still not my best weapon. Oh well, next time I'll get to shoot in a far less hostile (read HOT!!!) environment. Someone said it was 135 degrees while we were out there shooting. There are no structures at the range for people to get out of the sun so they left the bus running for 3 hours with the AC on. It was miserable!

But all that is over now, turnover is in full swing! That means we are almost out of this place. I hate to be less than informative this week, but all I can think of is going back to sleep. ;)

I'll be back next week! Hopefully, full of energy and ready to tell of more tales from Kuwait. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment