Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tom's Takeover Tuesday

After last week, Lynette decided I need to just make this a weekly segment. That of course brought me to wonder who is really reading this and if anyone is interested in what I have going on here. Lynette informed me that some of you have expressed at least a little enjoyment from my adventures...so here we go!

So I have started the wheels in motion to get our next cache made and planted. We were waiting for a disabled cache to get archived so we can use the spot, and that should be later this week! More on this project to come! I also ordered some caching supplies which will allow me to hide at least 6 or 7 more after that one. Now the hard part...where am I going to put them all?

Last week marked another FTF-hunt extravaganza as we pulled in another 5! This week is off to a pretty good start too, as I have 2 FTF's already. This ties us with a fellow caching family/blogger that lives in downtown Sumner with 15. The competition is now truely on! (The teenager threw down the gauntlet last night when I drove all the way to the Federal Way Home Depot during dinner to grab one with the boys. :p)

Another milestone for me today was finding our 300th traditional cache. This just means that I get the coordinates, the cache is located at the coordinates, and I sign the log. Other types of caches include multiple stages (like the upcoming project,) and mystery caches with dummy coordinates and the need to solve for the actual ones. There are a few other types, but these are the basic type that we come across the most.

That's pretty much it for this week...I'm going to try and throw in some pics of the upcoming project as it progresses, but I'm horrible about visual documentation so I won't promise anything. :) Tune in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment